A Quick Guide to Enjoy Ho Chi Minh City Nightlife
If Ho Chi Minh City has made you astounded by its elegant beauty through cultural relics in daylight hours, it would bring you reversal feelings at night! As for the question, why does Saigon never sleep at night? We’re gonna find out what keeps Ho Chi Minh City nightlife vivid and dynamic when the sun goes down.
Initially, Fulfill Your Stomach for Activities of Ho Chi Minh City Nightlife
Haha, food always comes first to my mind. Of course, it’s hard for us to do anything on an empty stomach. Especially in this city, where there is a lot of delicious food, which is also one of the top reasons why people fell in love with Ho Chi Minh City. Hence, why not take a food tour to start the nighttime?
1. Night Market
To Vietnamese, the market has existed in their lives for centuries and it has rooted in Vietnamese culture in a wide range of aspects. Going to the market is a way to learn more about locals living habits. If you have a chance to experience the market during daily hours, the night market is another side of the traditional Vietnamese market, which keeps the whole menu of Saigon cuisine in one hand! Here are some suggestions you would want to take note of:
- Ben Thanh market – Le Loi, Ben Thanh ward, dist. 1.
- Tan Dinh market – 48 Ma Lo, Tan Dinh ward, dist. 1.
- Bà Hoa market – Tran Mai Ninh, ward 12, Tan Binh district.
2. Have a Feast with Street Food
If you are a foodie who loves tasting different cuisine, Saigon is an ideal choice! With thousands of mean dishes coming from all corners of the country, you can easily find a dish you want to try. Honestly, there should be a whole topic for night food in Ho Chi Minh City to talk about. Surely I will write a post about that.
Yes, enjoying street food in Saigon will definitely wow you. Street food with Saigonese’s lives, like flesh and soul since a lot of local residents make a living by selling street food. To me, enjoying a dish of gỏi khô bò (green papaya salad with a beef jerk) while looking at the sun going down at Le Thi Rieng Park is definitely an experience that no words can clearly describe! Here is a list of street food you should try in Saigon:
- Ben Thanh Street Food Market – 26 – 28 – 30, Thu Khoa Huan st, Ben Thanh ward, district. 1.
- Gỏi Khô Bò – Le Thi Rieng park (20k).
- Bánh Tráng Trộn – anywhere (15-20k).
- Spring Roll – anywhere around the city (8-10k/roll).
- Súp Cua – Tan Dinh market or Notre-Dame Church (15-30k).
- Dumplings – Hà Tôn Quyền street (65k).
- Bánh Xèo – Bánh Xèo Ăn Là Ghiền eatery, 11A Tu Xuong, ward 7, dist. 3 (70k).
- Bò Bía – Tan Dinh market (7k/roll).
- Chè – Chè Cô Giang, 85 Cô Giang, dist. 1 (15-20k).
- Bột Chiên – Đạt Thành eatery, 277 Vo Van Tan, ward 5, dist. 3 (35-40k).
Places to Go for a Walk
When sunset comes, it’s also the time for Saigon to change its different jacket, more hubbub and vivid than ever. From antique cultural relics to high-rise buildings, they are gleaming with strings of colorful lights.
Of the beauty of the city, it’s hard to resist going out! Here is the list of destinations you could visit Saigon at night.
1. Beautiful Bridges at Night
If you want to find somewhere to take some fresh air and view the city horizontally, going to bridges at night may be an ideal choice! From the bridges, you can view the whole city glistening in lights while having some snacks from street vendors. I can guarantee there is no place you can get the lovely view at zero cost.
- Anh Sao bridge – dist. 7.
- Khanh Hoi bridge – dist. 4, near dragon harbor.
- Mống bridge (Messageries Maritimes Company bridge) – Between dist. 1 and dist. 4.
2. Take a Walk at Nguyen Hue Walking Street
In some blogs I mentioned, Nguyen Hue walking street is the best spot for people to gather in the evenings or on weekends. By having a nice location (right in the heart of the city), well – upheld facilities such as lights, greenery, etc, Nguyen Hue walking street is absolutely a good place for people who want to go out to enjoy Saigon at night.
When going to this place, you can enjoy a mild atmosphere mingling with hubbub sounds from groups playing guitars and singing together. Plus, if you visit Nguyen Hue street on Saturday, there also have entertaining performances relating to traditional culture and foreign ones. This is one of the city government’s efforts to espouse residents and tourists to visit the city’s place of interest.
In addition, I know a great place you can make when visiting Nguyen Hue street! It is taking a cup of tea on level 9 of the Cafe Apartment. From above, you can look at a whole street twinkling in lights while enjoying your tea.
Multiple Entertaining Activities to Choose
People always say that Saigon is like a transformational city, which refers to the changes in Saigon over time. Indeed, Saigon in daily hours looks like an old storyteller owning a bunch of historical stories of this land. At night, it turns out to be more energetic and modern with mainstream songs. So why don’t you go out and find some energy from the city?
1. Enjoy Classic Music at Ho Chi Minh Opera House
As I mentioned in the blog Saigon Opera House – The Home of Municipal Music, Ho Chi Minh opera house is not only a tourist attraction in the daytime, but it is also where people escape from hustle and bustle of life by listening to classic music or get jaw-dropping with sophisticated art performances. Because of that, I do think Ho Chi Minh opera house will definitely satisfy your night in Saigon!
Address: Ho Chi Minh opera house – 07 Dong Khoi, Ben Nghe ward, dist. 1.
2. Feast Your Eyes on Exhibitions
In recent days, there are more and more exhibitions appearing in Saigon. Each of them has brought a unique topic with different tones and meanings. To me, going to these places helps me to take more tranquility and knowledge after a non-stop working week. So, I do think that immersing yourself in the artwork would be another good choice for your days in Saigon when you want to find somewhere that is peaceful, and not crowded. Furthermore, ending up a day with creative pieces of art is a great experience to relax your mind, isn’t it?
Here is the list of exhibitions that you should visit. Some close at 6 pm, and some close later. Thus, you may want to arrange your schedule to enjoy Ho Chi Minh City nightlife the most.
- The Factory Contemporary Arts Centre – 15 Nguyen U Di, Thao Dien ward, dist. 2.
- Craig Thomas Gallery – 27i Tran Nhat Duat, Tan Dinh ward, dist. 1.
- Ao Dai Exhibition – 2nd floor, Saigon House, 77 Nguyen Hue, dist. 1.
- AZ Gallery – 25 BIS Nguyen Binh Khiem, Ben Nghe ward, dist. 1.
- B/S Art Studio – 106 Le Loi, Ben Thanh ward, dist. 1.
- VY Gallery – 20 Nguyen Anh Thu, Dakao ward, dist. 1.
- EIGHT Gallery – 8 Phung Khac Khoan, Dakao ward, dist. 1.
3. Get Chilled with a Cup of Tea or Coffee
If you are already full of dinner but still do not want to go home, finding yourself a cup of tea at a small, solitude cafe may be the answer. There are so many nice, cozy cafes in any corner of Saigon. Each of them has its own unique styles in decorating, drinks, views, and so on. So, if this is the right thing for you, go read my suggestions of the beautiful cafes you should visit and pick 1 to enjoy Saigon at night.
4. Enjoy the End of a Day in Saigon with Bars and Clubs
In recent years, there are more and more clubs and rooftop bars for people to enjoy their nights. Speaking of this type of entertainment, there are also a variety of bars/clubs following different kinds of music such as ballad rooftop bars, acoustic music pubs, or non-stop music clubs, etc. In addition, some bars take advantage of their locations to lift up their customers’ way of enjoying drinks while watching the city’s view.
Here is the list you can take a look at if you want to try this activity:
- Saigon Saigon Rooftop Bar – 19 Lam Son Square, dist. 1.
- Glow Sky Bar – 93 Nguyen Du, Ben Nghe ward, dist. 1.
- Shri Restaurant and Lounge – Floor 23, Centec Tower, 72-74 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, dist. 1.
- Bars, lounges, and clubs at Bui Vien walking street.
Well, with the things I gather in this blog, it could be a fulfilling answer to the question: “Why Saigon never sleeps at night?”, I guess. In the end, I hope with some suggestions, you will find yourselves something to do for nights in Ho Chi Minh City!
IF YOU LOVE THE INFO OF HO CHI MINH CITY NIGHTLIFE, PIN THIS POST NOW!