This is another post in my series about Ho Chi Minh City travel. Honestly, as a son of this city, I just want to share more about this beautiful place with everyone around the world. So you can know that, in South Vietnam, there is a nice city that attracts a lot of people from travelers, explorers to entrepreneurs, ex-pats, students, etc. come for varied purposes.
From another country or Vietnam’s province, people travel to Ho Chi Minh City then love the city after a while of staying there. Indeed, the city attracts people in different ways. Here, I have collected the reasons why they love Ho Chi Minh City from over 2,000 answers, and I’m going to list them in this post. Let’s see!
Because There Are Beloved Ones
Have you ever fallen in love with a place just because it’s where you met your half one? Or, you love the city just because it’s where your other half is living? Yes, I’m in the same situation, and so do many people:
- “Because this city has the person I love”.
- “Saigon has you”.
- “I found my crush here”.
- “Because I can see you every day”.
- “I love Ho Chi Minh City as I love you”.
Don’t forget to join a local party or event here if you plan to travel to Ho Chi Minh City. Who knows, perhaps you are able to meet your other half in this city and decide to stay here.
Because There Are Memories
One of the beautiful quotes of Anthony Bourdain says: “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind”. Indeed, many people love Ho Chi Minh City simply because it stores a part of their memories. That could be a good or bad one, but definitely, that’s the part that they are hard to forget:
- “Because there are lovely memories”.
- “I lost a person that I used to love so much”.
- “I got lost in the alleys even with Google Maps”.
- “The Cub that took us everywhere in the city”.
- “Because this place and I have grown up. We experience beautiful memories together, and it listens to my tears confided”.
If you are planning to travel to Ho Chi Minh City or have ever been to the city, please share with me your beautiful memories at the place! I want to know more about your thinking and appreciate that a lot.
Because There Are Future
Being the most advanced city in the country and evenly a technology, start-up hub of the region, Ho Chi Minh City attracts a lot of big companies, funds, and entrepreneurs around the world. As a consequence, people come to the city to find their chances for careers, businesses, and developments. If there is an ‘American dream’ in the USA, Ho Chi Minh City is also a dream to many people:
- “Because Saigon leaves no one behind”.
- “Because there is no other option. I studied in Saigon so choosing to stay here”.
- “It’s easy to make money”.
- “There are my present and future here, so wherever I go, I must return to Saigon”.
- “Freedom and comfort. People are happy, likable. Food is plenty. I just don’t have money to buy, LOL”.
- “To learn all the new things”.
Certainly, you will be surprised with the applications of advanced technologies in Ho Chi Minh City, especially in the center area. For example, there are super apps that you can easily use on your smartphone for ordering foods, booking transports, and many other services anywhere.
Besides that, in case you are going to Ho Chi Minh City for business, you can contact me. I can give you a guide or initial support when first come to the city.
Because There Are Attractions
Without sea or mountain, Ho Chi Minh City still has many tourist destinations for wanderers. From my blog posts, you may know about Ben Thanh Market, Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens, Independence Palace, Cafe Apartment, etc. There are also nice spots to hunt the sunset or take photos. Nevertheless, the answers I got from the survey are slightly different. Surprisingly, there are so many people in love with the city because of its food. Indeed, Ho Chi Minh City has a long list of delicious Saigon foods and beautiful café for food-tour in months:
- “Because Saigon has all kinds of life spice – bitterness, sweetness, happiness, and a billion other emotions!”.
- “Because there are broken rice and beef noodle soup”.
- “I love the city because it has so many delicious foods everywhere”.
- “The city has all brands of milk-tea”.
- “Does anyone know the specific address in the alley on Hai Ba Trung street that sells food and barbecue? Help me please, it’s been too long”.
Don’t be surprised if you see eateries with so many customers across Ho Chi Minh City. That could be a trendy or special shop, but that’s truly an attraction of the city. If you find a good restaurant or coffee shop in Saigon, don’t forget to tell me. There are so many that I cannot know them all.
Because It’s a Home
I have different feelings knowing different reasons that people call Ho Chi Minh City home. Some simply love the city because it’s their hometown. Some move to the city and decide to spend their life there. To each person, there is always a reason:
- “I lived there for 10 years”.
- “I’m Saigonese”.
- “It’s where I was raised”.
- “Saigon saw me grow up and it also witnessed many of my inner torments the most”.
- “If I ignore the delicious food, the friendly people, and the infrastructure progress, it is because my beloved relatives are here and it gives me a home”.
Additionally, there are some people stay at the home Ho Chi Minh City due to some special occasions.
A Story of the Belarusian Lady Selling Cake on the Street of Saigon
Irina Khmilnikova worked in the tourism industry, particularly selling tours to Russian travelers. Back in 2020, when the pandemic came, she lost her job and got stuck in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. In order to continue living here, she makes cakes and walks around the city center to sell them. Despite the language barrier, she is having a good life in the city thanks to the greatest support of the place and the locals. She learns more about the culture, history, and many things about the place. Ho Chi Minh City to her, “it is my home now”, said the lady.
Actually, I collected that beautiful story about the Belarusian lady in Vietnam Times. There are even more similar stories and cases that are happening here in the city. Briefly, they all find a second home in Saigon to love and spend a long life. And you, why do you love Ho Chi Minh City?
IF YOU LOVE THIS POST, ‘PIN IT’ NOW!