Hello, how are you? Is your journey to the world beautiful destinations affected by the coronavirus, or COVID-19?
Yes, I was having exactly the same problem as many travelers in the world. As the virus spreads out so fast that most countries in the world affected, I had to cancel my international trips and change the plan of traveling around. Instead, I spent more time updating the coronavirus situation of me and my country on this blog in the #stayhome period.
Anyway, as a door closes, another door will open. Even my country still doesn’t open for international flights after we successfully fought the virus, the issue turns out to be a great opportunity for me to discover every corner of my country, Vietnam. And you should discover the country too if you have a chance.
Wait a Minute, Why Vietnam?
Of course, I definitely say that my country is so beautiful with nice landscapes, great foods, friendly people, and a great culture that you will absolutely love it. However, in terms related to the coronavirus pandemic, here is something about the country you should know:
Many Parts of Vietnam are Hot and Sunny Most The Time!
The whole land is located in the tropical region with the temperature is high most the year. Especially in the South, the average temperature is more than 30°C in the day. Particularly in Ho Chi Minh City, at the time I write this post, it’s 33°C outside.
As a result, it highly reduces your potential of interacting with the virus on things’ surface when going out. Because “the coronavirus is surrounded by a lipid layer, in other words, a layer of fat” which is not very heat-resistant; meaning that “the virus quickly breaks down when temperatures rise”, as DW.com (2020) on its article about warm weather vs. coronavirus.
Besides that, Vietnam is significantly sunny. Thus, you can always bask to get vitamin D. It has a high effect on preventing death and infection caused by a coronavirus. As Petre, Simina, and Lee (2020) in The role of vitamin D in the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 infection and mortality, “we found significant crude relationships between vitamin D levels and the number COVID-19 cases and especially the mortality caused by this infection. The most vulnerable group of the population for COVID-19, the aging population, is also the one that has the most deficit Vitamin D levels.”
Here in Vietnam, we are going to the summer, which means the weather will be hotter, especially at the noon of the day. So, how about a sunbath at 12:00 pm?
Vietnam Has Experienced with Viruses after Infectious Diseases
Within the last ten years, Vietnam had gone through so many diseases such as SARS, Avian Influenza A (H5N1) and pandemic influenza A (H1N1) in 2009, and later the Avian Influenza A(H7N9). Even, Vietnamese experience seasonal flu yearly, causing by this Influenza A, B, or that Influenza C. There are sometimes non-seasonal swine flu or avian flu caused by different manners. Hence, it could be seen that Vietnam is a strong player in this problem.
There were some people infected by the virus, but the health organizations acted very quickly to cure them all.
I can remember the early days when we first heard of the virus happened in China, people are announced by the gov to wear the medical mask to avoid being affected by the virus. There were some benefactors or organizations gave free masks to people for use.
Days later, the Vietnamese government and health organizations kept teaching people about coronavirus symptoms and ways to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus on media, SMS, newspaper, outdoor screens, etc. Furthermore, some people even remade a well-known song about ways to protect ourselves over the virus. That song was shared widely on TikTok and the media.
Schools are notified to close, students will learn from home. Employees at companies are notified to self-isolate, and work from home if they just traveled to the hotspot of the virus. The country even built some field hospitals to cope with the coronavirus, or just in case the number of victims increases unexpectedly. Recently, those field hospitals are used to support Vietnamese who just come back from the diseased area and need isolation.
As a result, according to the latest coronavirus update:
- Vietnam had 324 positive cases with the virus, and 263 cases were healed, zero dead. Primarily, the new cases found due to Vietnamese people come home from other countries.
- The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) removed Vietnam out of vulnerable areas to coronavirus on Feb 27.
- The country still has enough resources to support victims, and people, and even fight with the next pandemic if it happens.
- The locals and visitors, who are still being in Vietnam, are happy drinking coffee, watching cinema, hanging out, or chilling at night, etc.
- We don’t have a chaotic situation as Costco’s empty shelves in Canada.
- The medical mask’s price is rising non-stop, but you can find different masks at stores easily.
- The country still has enough ventilators for victims. There is even a Vietnamese company that has a license to manufacture the ventilator.
- The remade song ‘Ghen Cô Vy’ I mentioned above is just featured on John Oliver’s “Coronavirus: Last Week Tonight”. Many people now dance the song’s dance.
I read news about how to prevent the infection of coronavirus. And here are things you may want to know when traveling around:
- Always bring a dry tissue and a wet tissue when going out. The dry tissue can cover your hand when opening doors, pressing the buttons in elevators or touching any things. While the wet one is used to clean the surface of things like the table, chair, or toilet seat, etc.
- Don’t forget the bacteria or virus cleaning gel when traveling. It could be a dry one or a liquid one. You will need it to wash your hand regularly.
- Definitely you will need the face masks to both protect yourself and people around you from breathing the virus. Just in case there is someone infected around and you don’t know.
- You shouldn’t go to crowded areas. A recommended distance between 2 people is 2 meters. But in any case, when you come back home, you should hang or put your coat, scarf, gloves, shoes, etc. outdoor under the sunlight for a while. That would help killing bacteria or viruses.
Okie Dokie, So What Vietnam Has for Traveling?
Attractive Places and Enjoyable Activities
Did I mention the beautiful landscapes of Vietnam? Indeed, the country has all types of destinations that you can visit to relax and enjoy. For example, you can go to Hà Giang or Sapa to view the mountain scenes and the Buckwheat flower. At Nha Trang and Danang, there are nice beaches with white sand that will gratify any travelers. I’m sure you will love trekking at Ta Nang – Phan Dung, or at Bu Gia Map. Or, if you love to enjoy the island life, Vietnam has its beautiful Phu Quoc island. Moreover, how about a spiritual trip to Bai Dinh Complex at Ninh Binh, the largest and the owners of many records in Vietnam.
The Finest Cuisine in Top of the World
I’m sure you may know, or have heard about the Vietnamese cuisine. If you haven’t tried it, you would miss the biggest part of your traveling.
In Vietnam, there are so many varied foods which come from different part of the country. Each province, or areas have their own specialties. Those may cost you a whole year to enjoy every food. Typically, just in Ho Chi Minh City, you can even make a Saigon food tour in weeks. Even I’m Vietnamese, but I haven’t tried all the foods.
Additionally, Vietnam is well-known with varied tropical fruits. You will have a long list of unique fruits to try across the country such as dragon fruit, rambutan, mango, coconut, guava, durian, etc.
Diverse Cultures at Areas, and Friendly People
Have you heard about the floating market in Vietnam? It’s the market where all trades happen on the river, mostly in the Mekong Delta area. At each destination, there will be something special that I’m sure you will find it extremely interesting. Go, explore, and enjoy it; the gasoline price is so cheap now!
In addition, do you know that Vietnam has about 7,966 festivals across the country yearly? Yes, and among the provinces, Hanoi, Bac Ninh, Hai Duong, Ha Nam, and Phu Tho have the most festivals over the others. That means you can go to those of Vietnam’s provinces to enjoy parties every day…
I’m just kidding about the parties’ thing. Actually, if you do careful research of Vietnamese festivals, you may have a great plan to both enjoy all the holidays of the country while having time for the sights and delicious foods. Please also prepare stuff to protect yourself while traveling.
So, how do you think of traveling to Vietnam after the coronavirus end?
IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE INFO, ‘PIN IT’ NOW!
READ MORE POSTS ABOUT VIETNAM
I hope this post is helpful to you, and updates you enough info about coronavirus and travel in Vietnam. If you would love to know more about the country, here are some posts that I suggest you read: