Discover Top 10 Myrtle Beach Attractions for Your Next Vacation
Myrtle Beach is a popular tourist destination in South Carolina, with a warm subtropical climate, miles of sandy beaches, and many attractions and entertainment options. Whether you are looking for family fun, a romantic getaway, or adventure, you will find something to suit your taste and budget in Myrtle Beach. In this article, we will explore the top 10 Myrtle Beach attractions you can enjoy during your stay.
Top 10 Myrtle Beach Attractions
Being one of the 30 best beaches in the US, Myrtle Beach has plenty of attractions for visitors. Below are the top 10 Myrtle Beach attractions that surely will interest you.
1. The SkyWheel
One of the most iconic and unique attractions in Myrtle Beach is the SkyWheel. The SkyWheel is a 187-foot-tall Ferris wheel that offers panoramic views of the city and the sea. The SkyWheel has 42 glass-enclosed gondolas that can accommodate up to six people each. The ride lasts for about 10 minutes. You can enjoy it during the day or at night when the SkyWheel lights up with more than one million LED lights.
2. Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
Another must-see attraction in Myrtle Beach is the boardwalk. The boardwalk stretches for 1.2 miles along the oceanfront, offering stunning views of the beach and the Atlantic Ocean. Along the boardwalk, you will find many shops, restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues, such as arcades, museums, and amusement parks. You can also enjoy live music, street performers, and festivals on the boardwalk throughout the year.
3. The Events and Festivals
Myrtle Beach is a place where you can celebrate all year round with events and festivals that cater to different interests and occasions. You can join the locals and visitors in enjoying events and festivals such as the Beach ‘n Chili Fest, the Can-Am Days Festival, the Carolina Country Music Festival, and the Muzika! The Grand Strand Music Festival, and the Myrtle Beach Marathon in Myrtle Beach. These events and festivals offer fun, food, music, culture, and entertainment for everyone.
4. The Dining and Nightlife Options
Myrtle Beach is not only famous for its beaches and attractions but also for its dining and nightlife options. You can find a variety of cuisines and atmospheres to suit your mood and taste in Myrtle Beach. You can enjoy seafood restaurants, waterfront dining, coffee shops, ice cream parlors, wineries, breweries, and distilleries in Myrtle Beach. In addition, you can experience the nightlife scene in Myrtle Beach, with live music, karaoke, comedy clubs, dance clubs, and bars.
5. Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach is one of the most popular shopping and entertainment complexes in Myrtle Beach. Indeed, Broadway at the Beach has more than 100 stores, restaurants, bars, and attractions to choose from. You can find everything from souvenirs, clothing, jewelry, art, candy, and more at Broadway at the Beach. You can also enjoy attractions such as Ripley’s Aquarium, WonderWorks, The Simpsons in 4D Experience, Dave & Buster’s, and more at Broadway at the Beach.
6. The Hollywood Wax Museum
If you are a fan of celebrities and pop culture, you will love the Hollywood Wax Museum. The Hollywood Wax Museum is a place where you can see lifelike wax figures of your favorite stars, such as Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and more. You can also pose with them, take selfies, and learn fun facts about their lives and careers. The Hollywood Wax Museum also has two other attractions: Outbreak, a zombie-themed haunted house, and Hannah’s Maze of Mirrors, a fairy tale adventure.
7. The Atlantic Coast Line Depot
If you are interested in history or architecture, you will appreciate the Atlantic Coast Line Depot in Myrtle Beach. The Atlantic Coast Line Depot is a historic train station that was built in 1937 and served as a passenger and freight depot until 1967. The Atlantic Coast Line Depot is now a museum that showcases the history and culture of Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area. You can see exhibits, artifacts, photos, and videos that tell the story of Myrtle Beach and its development as a resort community.
8. The Myrtle Beach State Park
For nature lovers, Myrtle Beach State Park is a perfect destination. The Myrtle Beach State Park is a 312-acre park that features a wide sandy beach, a fishing pier, a nature center, hiking trails, camping sites, picnic areas, and playgrounds. You can also see various wildlife in the park, such as birds, turtles, raccoons, squirrels, and more. The park also offers educational programs and guided tours for visitors of all ages.
9. The Myrtle Beach Travel Park
If you are looking for a place to stay in Myrtle Beach that offers oceanfront camping and various amenities, you will love the Myrtle Beach Travel Park. The Myrtle Beach Travel Park is a 125-acre campground that offers RV sites, tent sites, and vacation rentals. You can also enjoy a lazy river, a swimming pool, a splash zone, a playground, a basketball court, a volleyball court, a horseshoe pit, and a game room. The campground also has a camp store, a snack bar, a laundry facility, and a chapel. Additionally, you can join the activities and events that the campground organizes for its guests, such as bingo, karaoke, crafts, and worship services. The Myrtle Beach Travel Park is a family-friendly and pet-friendly place where you can have fun and relax in Myrtle Beach.
10. The Myrtle Beach Pelicans
If you are a sports fan or want to have some family fun, you will love watching the Myrtle Beach Pelicans play baseball. The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are a minor league baseball team that is affiliated with the Chicago Cubs. The Myrtle Beach Pelicans play their home games at the TicketReturn.com Field, which is a modern and comfortable stadium that can seat up to 6,000 people. You can also enjoy the promotions, the giveaways, the fireworks, and the mascot Splash at the Myrtle Beach Pelicans games.
Myrtle Beach Tips and Tricks
– Check the Season and the Weather
Myrtle Beach has a warm subtropical climate, but it can also experience hurricanes, thunderstorms, and cold snaps. Check the forecast before you go and pack accordingly. The peak season is from June to August, when the weather is hot and humid, and the beaches and attractions are crowded. The off-season is from November to February when the weather is cooler and quieter, and the prices are lower. The shoulder season is from March to May and from September to October when the weather is mild and pleasant, and the crowds are moderate.
– Book Your Accommodation in Advance
Myrtle Beach has a variety of accommodation options to suit your budget and preferences, such as hotels, resorts, condos, vacation rentals, campgrounds, and RV parks. You can find deals and discounts online or through local agencies. You can also choose your location based on your interests and activities, such as the oceanfront, downtown, or nearby attractions.
– Choose the Right Packback and Pack Wisely
Choosing the right backpack and packing well are important for your trip to Myrtle Beach. You want to choose a backpack that fits your body, has multiple compartments, and is comfortable, durable, spacious, and secure. You also want to pack your backpack wisely, so that you have everything you need without carrying too much weight or wasting space. Furthermore, you should pack according to the season and the weather, your activities and interests, and the rules and regulations of your transportation and accommodation. By following these tips, you can enjoy your trip to Myrtle Beach without any hassle or stress.
– Get Around by Car, Bike, or Bus
Myrtle Beach is easy to navigate by car, as there are many parking lots and garages available. However, traffic can be heavy during peak season and special events, so plan ahead and avoid rush hours. You can also rent a bike or a golf cart to explore the beach and the boardwalk. If you prefer public transportation, you can use the Coast RTA buses that run throughout the Grand Strand area. You can also use taxis or ride-sharing services for convenience.
– Enjoy the Free or Low-Cost Attractions
Myrtle Beach has many attractions that are free or low-cost, such as the beach, the boardwalk, the state parks, the festivals, the museums, and the gardens. You can also find coupons or vouchers online or in local publications for discounts on admission fees or tickets. You can also take advantage of the free entertainment options, such as live music, street performers, fireworks, and shows.
– Try the Local Cuisine and Specialties
Myrtle Beach is known for its fresh seafood, especially shrimp, crab, oysters, and fish. You can find seafood restaurants along the waterfront or at Murrells Inlet, the seafood capital of South Carolina. You can also try other local specialties, such as barbecue, grits, biscuits, sweet tea, and pecan pie. Besides that, you can enjoy the dining and nightlife options in Myrtle Beach, such as coffee shops, ice cream parlors, wineries, breweries, and distilleries.
Frequently Asked Questions
– Which Part of Myrtle Beach is the Most Popular?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as different parts of Myrtle Beach may appeal to different types of visitors. However, some of the most popular areas are:
- The Boardwalk: This is where you can find the iconic SkyWheel, the Ripley’s attractions, the arcades, the shops, and the restaurants along the oceanfront. You can also enjoy live music, street performers, and festivals on the boardwalk throughout the year.
- Broadway at the Beach: This is one of the most popular shopping and entertainment complexes in Myrtle Beach. You can find more than 100 stores, restaurants, bars, and attractions here, such as Ripley’s Aquarium, WonderWorks, The Simpsons in 4D Experience, Dave & Buster’s, and more.
- Murrells Inlet: This is known as the “seafood capital of South Carolina” and offers a variety of seafood restaurants along the waterfront. You can also enjoy the Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, a half-mile boardwalk that features live music, bars, and scenic views.
- North Myrtle Beach: This is a quieter and less commercial area that offers oceanfront camping, golf courses, shopping malls, and family-friendly attractions. You can also visit the Barefoot Landing, a waterfront complex that features shops, restaurants, theaters, and wildlife exhibits.
– Why is Myrtle Beach Famous?
Myrtle Beach is famous for its warm subtropical climate, miles of sandy beaches, and many attractions and entertainment options. It is one of the most visited destinations in the country, attracting over 20 million visitors each year. Some of the reasons why Myrtle Beach is famous are:
- The Grand Strand: This is the name given to the 60-mile stretch of beach that runs from Little River to Georgetown. It is one of the longest and widest beaches in the world and offers a variety of activities and amenities for visitors of all ages.
- The Golf Courses: Myrtle Beach has more than 80 golf courses that range from beginner to expert level. It is often called the golf capital of the world and hosts many tournaments and events throughout the year. Some of the golf courses are designed by famous architects such as Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Robert Trent Jones, and more.
- The Attractions: Myrtle Beach has something for everyone when it comes to attractions. You can enjoy amusement parks, water parks, aquariums, museums, gardens, zoos, theaters, shows, and more. Some of the most popular attractions are the SkyWheel, Ripley’s Aquarium, Broadway at the Beach, Hollywood Wax Museum, Myrtle Beach State Park, and more.
- The Events and Festivals: Myrtle Beach is a place where you can celebrate all year round with events and festivals that cater to different interests and occasions. You can join the locals and visitors in enjoying events and festivals such as the Beach ‘n Chili Fest, the Can-Am Days Festival, the Carolina Country Music Festival, and the Muzika! The Grand Strand Music Festival, and the Myrtle Beach Marathon.
– What are People Looking for on Myrtle Beach?
People are looking for different things on Myrtle Beach depending on their preferences and goals. Some of the common things that people are looking for are:
- Fun and Relaxation: Many people come to Myrtle Beach to have fun and relax on the beach or at their resorts. They enjoy swimming, sunbathing, surfing, parasailing, fishing, boating, or simply lounging on the sand. They also enjoy spa treatments, massages, yoga classes, or meditation sessions at their hotels or nearby facilities.
- Adventure and Exploration: Some people come to Myrtle Beach to seek adventure and exploration on land or sea. They enjoy hiking, biking, camping, or wildlife watching at the state parks, the nature preserves, or the wildlife refuges. They also enjoy scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, or jet skiing at the ocean, the rivers, or the inlets. Besides that, they enjoy zip lining, ropes courses, or helicopter tours at the adventure parks, the aerial parks, or the airfields.
- Culture and History: Some people come to Myrtle Beach to learn about its culture and history through its museums, art galleries, historic sites, or cultural centers. They enjoy visiting the Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, the Horry County Museum, the Hopsewee Plantation, or the Gullah O’oman Museum. They also enjoy attending the Carolina Opry, the Alabama Theatre, the Legends in Concert, or the Myrtle Beach International Film Festival.
- Shopping and Dining: Some people come to Myrtle Beach to indulge in its shopping and dining options. They enjoy browsing the shops, the boutiques, the outlets, or the malls. They also enjoy tasting the seafood, the barbecue, the southern cuisine, or the international fare.
– Why is Myrtle Beach so Fun?
Myrtle Beach is so fun because it offers a variety of activities and experiences that can suit any taste and mood. Some of the reasons why Myrtle Beach is so fun are:
- The Weather: Myrtle Beach has a warm subtropical climate that allows you to enjoy the outdoors all year round. The average temperature is 74°F, and the average sunshine is 215 days per year. The summer months are hot and humid, while the winter months are mild and pleasant. You can swim in the ocean from May to October, and play golf or hike any time of the year.
- The Variety: Myrtle Beach has something for everyone when it comes to variety. You can choose from different types of accommodations, such as hotels, resorts, condos, vacation rentals, campgrounds, or RV parks. You can also choose from different types of attractions, such as amusement parks, water parks, aquariums, museums, gardens, zoos, theaters, shows, and more. Moreover, you can choose from different types of activities, such as swimming, sunbathing, surfing, parasailing, fishing, boating, scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, jet skiing, hiking, biking, camping, wildlife watching, zip lining, ropes courses, helicopter tours, spa treatments, massages, yoga classes, meditation sessions, shopping, dining, and more.
- The Atmosphere: Myrtle Beach has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that makes you feel at home. The locals are hospitable and helpful, and the visitors are respectful and courteous. The vibe is laid-back and relaxed, but also lively and energetic. You can mingle with people from different backgrounds and cultures, and share your stories and experiences. You can also enjoy the music and entertainment that fill the air with joy and excitement.
– Is Myrtle Beach Expensive to Travel?
The answer to this question depends on your budget and expectations. However, in general, Myrtle Beach is considered an affordable destination compared to other popular beach resorts in the US. According to a study by Tripadvisor, the average cost of a week-long trip for two people to Myrtle Beach in 2021 was $2,032. This includes the cost of flights ($630), hotel ($1,064), meals ($238), and activities ($100). This is lower than the average cost of a week-long trip for two people to other beach destinations such as Miami ($3,289), San Diego ($2,814), Honolulu ($3,918), or Cape Cod ($2,513).
Of course, the actual cost of your trip may vary depending on your travel dates, accommodation choices, dining preferences, activity options, and other factors. You can save money by traveling during the off-season or weekdays when the rates are lower and the crowds are smaller. You can also save money by booking your flights and hotels in advance or using online deals and discounts. Additionally, you can save money by staying at a campground or a vacation rental instead of a hotel or resort. You can also save money by using public transportation or bike rentals instead of renting a car or taking a taxi. You can also save money by eating at local restaurants or cooking your meals instead of dining at expensive chains or resorts.
Plan Your Trip to Myrtle Beach Today
Myrtle Beach is a place where you can have fun, relax, and create unforgettable memories. With so many attractions to choose from, you will never run out of things to do and see in this beautiful coastal city. From the famous boardwalk, the SkyWheel, the wax museum, and the state park, to the events and festivals, the dining and nightlife, and the golf courses, there is something for everyone in Myrtle Beach. Don’t wait any longer, book your trip to Myrtle Beach today and discover why it is one of the most visited destinations in the US.
This post contains affiliate links from which I can earn commissions if you use services or buy products from the blog’s partners. If you love the blog, please use the services or buy the products. In that way, you give me support for the blog’s maintenance and development. I appreciate it a lot and thank you for that!
‘PIN IT’ NOW TO SAVE YOUR TIPS AND INFO ABOUT THE MYRTLE BEACH ATTRACTIONS