Ranked the 7th in top of the world’s 20 fastest-growing travel destinations. Vietnam has amazed travelers by its intoxicating natural beauties, extraordinary traditional cuisine, and valuable virtues that nowhere could have. So, if you are planning to visit Vietnam, taking some information about how to apply for a Vietnam visa would be great to make your trip smoother.
Why You Need a Vietnam Visa?
As you have known, Visa is a tool that helps the migration department control foreigners entering their country. As a result, the government of Vietnam implements a visa in the sake of controlling people who enter Vietnam.
In fact, having an approval Vietnam visa would not take you a lot of time. Particularly, Vietnam now has implemented the process of applying for a visa online (e-visa), which reduces much waiting time for people who want to visit the country.
Who Can Apply for a Vietnam Visa?
Except for nationals who come from the blacklist of Vietnam entering countries. People from around the world can easily register for a visa online. Here is the list of nations whose citizens are allowed to apply for the visa.
|9||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
– Including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders
– Not apply to Chinese e-passport holders
|23||Federated States of Micronesia|
|57||Papua New Guinea|
|75||United Arab Emirates|
|76||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland|
|77||United States of America|
Different Ways for Vietnam Visa Application
There are 2 ways you can choose to apply for Vietnam Visa. It all depends on your situation to pick an easier way. And at each choice, there are similar documents you need to prepare, just a slightly difference in procedure.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for Application
In any ways, there are least requirements of documents that you must prepare prior to the apply:
- A passport with at least 6-month validity. It needs to have 2 blank pages to get the Vietnam approval sign stamped. A temporary passport won’t be accepted.
- 2 photos (4x6cm) of you without glasses which taken within 6 months.
- Fee for proceeding. $25 for single entry, and $50 for multiple entry.
Procedure for Applying at the Embassy of Vietnam
Honestly, if you are living near an Embassy of Vietnam, this will be your better choice. Your visa and all the documents are ready for you to enter Vietnam without costing your time at the entry. Here is what you should do:
- So you will take your passport, and photos to go to the nearby Vietnam Embassy to fill the application form, and pay for the process fee. You have to leave your passport there.
- It will take you about 5 business days to proceed the visa. Even you pass or not, the result and your passport will send back to you.
- If you pass, congratulations! Then, you just need to carry your passport, with Vietnam visa already there, to go on the plane flying to the country.
- Certainly, you will need to fill another entry form when arriving. But there is no need of another proceed like visa on arrival that may cost your time in the entry of Vietnam.
- Enjoy your trip to the beautiful beaches, majestic mountains, or sacred temples and pagodas in Vietnam!
Procedure for Applying E-Visa Online
Many people choose this way as its significantly convenient. Indeed, in this way, you can do a Vietnam visa application anywhere with your laptop and an internet connection. In case you choose this way, here are steps you will do:
- Access to the online form at evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn.
- Fill out all of the information on the form and submit it.
- After reviewing the form again, you need to pay a $25 fee.
- Your application would be processed in 3 business days. Then, the result would be announced on the official website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-ho-so.
You will need your registration email, code, and date of birth for checking.
If you are approved, you will have a Visa approval letter. You should print it out and keep in your passport, alongside the pictures. The customs will check those documents and provide you a Vietnam visa on arrival stamped right in your passport when you land to the country.
Vietnam Visa Exemption
Moreover, if you are in the below list of exempted nations from the application of a Vietnam visa. The expense you need to pay for the application is zero. According to the electronic portal on consular affairs, here is that exemption list of entry visa of Vietnam:
|1||Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Laos, Chile, (maximum 30 days)|
|2||Philippines (maximum 21 days)|
|3||Brunei, Myanmar ( maximum 14 days)|
|4||Belarus, Norway, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italia, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Spain, Sweden, the UK (maximum 15 days)|
About Vietnam Visa Extension
Unquestionably, you can extend your visa for a longer stay in Vietnam. This would grant you more time in the country to explore more as a tourist, or to settle your business as a businessman. Extended time length and cost will depend on your original visa. Actually, it’s not a hassle process. You can even do it yourself, or find an agency to do so.
Here is the address of the Immigration Office in Vietnam where you can come to extend your visa:
- Ho Chi Minh City – 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3
- Da Nang – 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau District
- Hanoi – 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District
You can come to those offices at their working hours on Monday – Friday from 7:00 – 11:30 in the morning and 13:30 – 17:00 in the afternoon. Also, don’t forget to bring your passport with the original Vietnam visa, and some cash for a faster process.
Notes about Vietnam Visa
– Remember to fully check the info filled in your registration before submitting it. If there is any missing or incorrect/unidentified information, your application will not be accepted.
– In the case of being refused, the payment will not be refunded.
– Remember to keep the approval letter in your mind before going to Vietnam. It’s better to keep it with the passport, so you will not forget the letter. Without the letter, you are not allowed to enter Vietnam. Furthermore, the process of solving this problem might destroy your trip! So in case you miss anything, just wish it’s not the approval letter.
– If you want an agency to help you with this, I suggest you try the service of iVisa to support you getting a Vietnam visa. They have good service at a reasonable price and a quick time.
– Finally, extend your visa if you plan to spend more time in Vietnam. Please don’t overstay. Otherwise, you will be on the blacklist of the Immigration Office.
Updated Hot News You Should Know
– As part of the lockdown due to Coronavirus pandemic, foreigners, who enter Vietnam after Mar 1, 2020, will be automatically extended visa until Jun 30, 2020. They can depart from Vietnam without any needed paperwork for a visa extension.
– Besides that, to those who enter Vietnam prior to Mar 1, 2020, you will need proof of stranded by Covid-19 for the automatic visa extension. Documents must be confirmed by the Diplomatic missions as you undergo a quarantine, treatment, or any reason related to the Coronavirus. Additionally, you need to show those documents when departure from Vietnam.
– On top of that, as being in a good situation after fighting against the Coronavirus pandemic, the Vietnam government has issued an announcement that Vietnam will reopen the e-visa for the citizens of 80 nations, starting on 1/7/2020. What a piece of great news, isn’t it?! Thus, let’s kick off your journey by visiting Vietnam after the Coronavirus.
‘PIN IT’ NOW TO SAVE YOUR INFO ABOUT VIETNAM VISA