How to Make a Funnel Cake
This is the first time I enjoy a funnel cake, it’s really delicious! Cold with the ice cream, cool with the strawberry jam, and hot with the cake. I can feel the cake melting in my mouth, feeling fresh with all the slices. Very awesome experience!
I found out about the funnel cake when going to Wonderland, a famous playground open in the summer at Vaughan, ON, Canada.
There was one time I tried to make the funnel cake at home with my cousin. It’s not hard to do. Information can be found on the Internet but I rewrite one here in case I need it.
Funnel Cake Recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
How to do:
- Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole. In a large cast iron pot, add 2 inches of oil to the bottom.
- When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release your finger so the batter can start cooking.
- Move the funnel around to make designs.
- Brown on both sides–then immediately remove and drain extremely well.
- Top with brown sugar, honey, cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar as a topping.
BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT GET BURNED!
ENJOY YOUR CAKE!
LOVE THE CAKE? ‘PIN IT’ NOW TO SAVE THE RECIPE!