How to Make a Funnel Cake
This is the first time I enjoy a funnel cake, it’s really delicious! Cold with the ice-cream, cool with the strawberry jam and hot with the cake. I can feel the cake melting in my mouth, feeling fresh with all the slices. Very awesome experience!
I have found out the funnel cake when going to Wonderland, a famous playground open in the summer at Vaughan, ON, Canada.
There was one time I try to make the funnel cake at home with my cousin. It’s not hard to do. Information can be found in the Internet but I rewrite one here in case I need it.
Funnel Cake Recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
How to do:
– Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly–beat. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
– Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole. In a large cast iron pot, add 2 inches of oil to the bottom.
– When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release your finger so the batter can start cooking.
– Move the funnel around to make designs.
– Brown on both sides–then immediately remove and drain extremely well.
– Top with brown sugar, or honey, or cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar as a topping.
BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT GET BURNED!
ENJOY YOUR CAKE!
LOVE THE CAKE? ‘PIN IT’ NOW TO SAVE THE RECIPE!
oh my gosh my favorite one. Thank you for sharing this recipe.